16.7.11

God's Gift

This is the true story of a conversation I had with God while driving home last night...

As I drove the I-15 from Ogden to Riverdale, I looked up and saw this beautiful full moon.  It seemed so bright and alive, that I just had to thank God for not just creating the universe, but for putting so much beauty into it.

When I got done, I heard these Words from God: "I created it just for you."

I was perplexed, so I asked: "But God, what about everyone else who is enjoying it tonight."

I swear I could hear Him gently laugh as he said: "I created the moon for everyone tonight, but each person who looks up and admires that orb right now will find a specific reason, just for them, why it means something special."

"O.K. God, so what is mine?  What purpose does the moon have for me?"

"To remind you that I made it just for you!..." I laughed and he continued, "To remind you that I love you."

"Thanks God, I love you too!"

The tone of His whispering changed: "You miss her tonight, don't you?  Do you wish you could see her?"

As a tear came to my eye, I replied, "I do, God."

"I know.  But you get to see me, tonight."

"Where do I see you, Lord?"

I couldn't help but laugh as God told me, "In the moon created just for you."

"Thank you, Father!"

"I love you, Wayne."


Habbakuk 3:17-19
17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16/7/11 10:23

    Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
    Psalm 37:3-5
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete